Achieving healthy lawns, trees and shrubs requires a deep understanding of individual plants and speciﬁc growing conditions for each. Our goal is to put our knowledge to work so you have the best-looking plants possible while reducing or eliminating the use of pesticides – and
all at an affordable rate.
Lawn health and protection programs
We offer the following fertilization methods, pest control and lawn repair techniques:
- Hybrid: Our hybrid program uses the best of both worlds: organic and traditional technology. BIO-SOLUTION allows us to use 50% less traditional fertilizers than traditional programs, yet achieve a green, wonderfully weed free lawn just the same. With BIO-SOLUTION, we re-introduce organic biology to your landscape. This builds essential elements required by plants to stay healthy and compete against pests. BIO-SOLUTION also goes beyond the plants to ensure your soil is healthy, helping your whole lawn system to ﬁght against pests, drought and nutrient deﬁciencies.
- Organic: For those who would prefer to avoid synthetic options altogether, we use our BIO-SOLUTION exclusively. With BIO-SOLUTION, we re-introduce organic biology to your landscape. This builds essential elements required by plants to stay healthy and compete against pests. BIO-SOLUTION also goes beyond the plants to ensure your soil is healthy, helping your whole lawn system to ﬁght against pests, drought and nutrient deﬁciencies.BIO-SOLUTION helps our 100% organic fertilizers get fully absorbed by your grass so that its strength can naturally suppress weed populations. We combine our organic fertilizers with annual aeration and over-seeding to keep turf density at a proper level and cut down on weed penetration.
- Invasive and damaging pest control programs: In recent years, there has been a surge of exotic pests in local landscapes. Exotic pests come from other regions of the U.S. or other parts of the world and include Japanese beetle grubs, green June beetle grubs, nimblewill, dollar spot, brown patch and many more. These weeds, insects and diseases can be very difﬁcult to control, especially when left unchecked, and can be very damaging to a landscape.It takes a deep understanding of a pest and options available to treat the pests successfully. CLC builds on years of experience with hours of continued education annually to stay abreast with current trends and best practices. We put our knowledgeand science to work to identify, assess and develop the most comprehensive treatment plan for the pests particular to your landscape.
- Lawn renovation and installation: Whether you need to repair grub damage, drought damage or install an entire new lawn, we offer many options. We start by seeking to understand what caused the damage and the kind of lawn you would like to achieve by renovating. Using a custom combination of these tools, methods and products, we will repair or install a healthy lawn that’s set to prosper for years:
- Slice seeding
- Landscape raking
- Top soil additions
- Compost additions
- Sod installation
Tree and shrub programs
Our tree and shrub services range from health and protection to pest treatment to size and fruit management and tree revitalization. Details include:
- Season long health and protection: This program starts with a full evaluation of your trees and shrubs by our certiﬁed arborist. Then we develop a program custom built to suit your tree and shrubs needs. To nurture tree and shrub health, we use a combination of our BIO-SOLUTION and fertilizers applied at optimum times for soil activity and proper plant uptake. To protect the plants from insects or diseases common in our area, we employ traditional pesticides and/or fungicides as needed. All products are applied at the label rate and manner suitable for the task. Because each program is custom tailored to the needs of plants in your landscape, we never apply unnecessary products to your trees and shrubs.
- Invasive and damaging tree and shrub pest treatment: There are many pests that can truly devastate your landscape, no matter if your plants are healthy. These include emerald ash borer, Dutch elm disease, bronze birch borer, cedar apple rust, scale and many more. Thanks to advances in our industry, we are able to protect and eliminate many of these from landscapes. With proper identiﬁcation, products, and application CLC makes sure your landscape is not lost to controllable pests. Here are high-devastating pests common to the area that CLC can treat:
- Emerald ash borer
- Scale insects
- Dutch elm disease
- Bronze birch borer
- Rust diseases
- Bag worms
- Emerald ash borer treatment: As many people are now aware, the emerald ash borer has killed a large number of local ash trees. That’s because it has populated our region for the last several years. If your ash has shown signs of emerald ash borer, do not waste time. We have the most trusted methods and products needed to save your ash tree before it’s too late. Call us as soon as possible to schedule a consultation with our certiﬁed arborist, who will develop the best plan for saving your tree.
- Tree and shrub size and fruit management: Thanks to advancements in our industry, we can now effectively control trees and shrubs in new, better ways without harming the plants. We can help if a tree is too large for the area where it is planted. We can also help if fruit production is considered a nuisance, like odorous ginkgo or profuse sweet gum fruit.
- Tree and shrub revitalization programs: Many trees and shrubs suffer from drought, restrictive growth, nutrient deﬁciencies, and pest pressures because of issues occurring above and below ground. Soil pH, compaction, organic matter and drainage are just a few examples. Many companies will offer a quick ﬁx through fertilization or pesticides. Instead, CLC provide solutions that promote maximum nutrient absorption, ward off pests effectively, and promote the ideal growing conditions that your trees and shrubs need to thrive. These services include:
- Organic amendments
- Girdling root pruning
- Compaction alleviation
- Construction damage repair
- Drainage repair
- Corrective pruning
- Tree pruning & removal: The practice of arboriculture is one conducted by skilled tradesmen and tradeswomen. Because we take great pride and precaution in tree care, we offer you the best certiﬁed arborist in the area. We ensuring that all work is performed professionally, safely for our specialists and the tree. Whether its a simple pruning or complete removal of a hazardous tree over your house, our certiﬁed arborist will make sure the job is done right the ﬁrst time. Our arboricultural services include:
- Corrective pruning
- Structural pruning
- Canopy reduction
- Complete removals
- Crane removals
- Stump grinding